“Through the mercies of God; we are not consumed because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. The Lord is my portion say my soul “therefore I hope in Him” (Lam. 3:22-24).
I would like to thank God who always prepare us before we start any of our annual journeys. For us to have this greater harvest; there are processes which we need to follow and godly principles we need to abide by.
As a ministry; we have entered our 9th year which is OUR YEAR OF GREATER HARVEST. To experience this greater harvest there are salient truth we need to know.
Remember, every harvester is a sower. A sower’s harvest is determined by his seeds and tending to the plants. The more seeds you sow; the more your harvest will be. God is a giver of seed to the sowers. Before you sow, you must prepare the ground. God is not a talkative, but He prepares His children against the plan of the devil. He said “Can I do anything without letting my servant Abraham (slot your name here) know? God is the one who reveal the deep and secret things for He knows what is in darkness. Many people may block their ears to the Word of God, but you must heed to His word. “He answered and said to them because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom, But to Them It Has Not Been Given ‘Blessed are your eyes for you can see and your ears for you can hear” Math. 13:11, 16. For many have desired to hear what you are hearing but they cannot’. They cannot hear because they are given probate mind. You are blessed, child of God! We are blessed to be in the family of God. Hallelujah.
This is the reason why we must listen earnestly, attentively and intently to the voice of God. We must be concerned on the weapons and advices God want us to use in any battle.
I say then, walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lust against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law” (Gal. 5:16-18)
God is warning us not to walk in the flesh. Flesh is our ability, our weaknesses, our unrighteousness, our fears, our connections. Everything which talk and depends on our physical means. This has taunted our greatness and success in our walk with God. Our flesh has been our setback for a very long time. Whenever God is telling us to stand, we are so afraid and unable to do so. We look for reasons why we should not do it.
To walk in the Spirit is to walk in God’s ability, faith, connections and righteousness. The Spirit and the flesh are enemies. They have nothing in common. They are contrary to one another. The Spirit will always tell you the possibility of God. The Spirit will tell you ‘how strong and mighty you are’. ‘How favoured and lifted you are. ‘How glorious and beautiful you are’ ‘how hopeful you are in Christ’ etc. (Judges 6:14, Luke 1:28).
Greater Harvest is our portion this year. All our toils, sowing, learning, struggling has come to an end, in the name of Jesus. For us to experience a Greater Harvest in our life; these are some of the things we should know and apply
- Flesh must die. Ask the flesh to keep quiet not to tell you anything because you are a spiritual man in this physical world. You must speak what you see with your spiritual eyes. Speak what you hear with your spiritual ears. Stop judging things according to the physical appearance. Let God be God, whatever He is telling you to do; that you should do. Even if it’s logical or not; do what the Lord is telling you. Stop going about looking for human approval or support on how to disobey God. Mary told the servants at the wedding of Canaan, when the wine finished; ‘whatever He tells you to do, do it’ (John 2:5). God always warn us before danger. If you must harvest greatly in every area of your life; you must crucify the flesh.
Tell the flesh that ‘I am able’. I know God who knows people’. ‘I will not compromise because of promotion or connection’. Let us stop pretending to be spiritual in the church. After church service; we are arguing on what God has said. Christianity is more than attending church services; it’s more about believing and doing what the Lord said. ‘Whatever He tells you to do, do it!
- Our Confidence: “Do not cast away your confidence, for it has a great reward” (Heb. 10:35) Do not cast away your confidence, trust, hope which you have in the Lord. Do not throw away the relationship you and God shared because of mere pot of beans like Esau. Do not cast away your confidence in God because of that girl/boy you are running after. Run after God and He will give you the desires of your heart according to His riches in glory (Phil. 4:6-7). Remember Jesus, when He was on the stormy sea and the boat was shaking, He was calm because He believed He will reach where He is going, and nothing can stop Him. (Math. 8:23-27). Always remember that God who calls you is faithful and He will bring to pass whatever He has said’ (1 Thess. 5:24).
I should be confident in my work and walk with the Lord. I remembered in 2007; the Lord commanded us to give N$10,000-00 Channel 7 Radio. It was not easy at all, but God told us that every month we must give N$1000 for a period of 10 months. To His faithfulness, He was provided the money. That was how the church started to have money in the account. When God gives you instruction. You are to do your part; He will do His. God is looking for faithful servants. Be the faithful servant and you will reap bountifully.
Being in the confidence of God is abiding or feeding in His faithfulness; and in the faithfulness of God is you abiding in the Word of God. When you abide in God’s Word; you will feed in His faithfulness. Isaac heard God telling him to stay in the land. He did not disobey. He was rewarded bountifully. He reaps bountifully and became a very great, prosperous, victorious and successful man (Gen. 26). Walking in the Spirit means taking decision according to what God say and not according to human ideas. Sarah pregnancy was far beyond human comprehension, but God made it happen. She got pregnant in a very old age.
- Stop Murmuring: When you are murmuring on what God has said or over the issues of life, you are saying God is not good to you. Whatever devil planned against you; God will turn it for your good. (Rom. 8:28). Sometimes, we don’t see what God is shielding us from. It is for your good; when people are speaking against you. It is for your good when things are not working out because the Lord wants to make you stronger. Looking at what the enemy intends against you with the eyes of the spirit, you will know how to turn it into your goodness. Murmuring is what kept the children of Israel wandering and many of them died in the wilderness for 40 years. If you walk in the Spirit; you will have the ability to know that everything is for your good.
Remember, God will never give you what He knows you cannot bear. He will always deliver you from all kinds of temptation which may come your way (1 Corinth 10:13). Therefore, you must be strong in your heart to say no to sin. Stand strong in the Lord.
“Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses” (1 Tim 6:12). The fight of faith is by walking in the spirit. Abraham walked in the spirit and receive the promise of the spirit. (Heb.11 through chapter 12) All those who walked in the Spirit lived unlimited Life.
- Learn spiritual warfare and fight without fear by putting on the whole armour on your spirit-man so that you will be victorious in every area of your life (Eph. 6:10-18).
Devil cannot stop the man who walks in the spirit. Once you take steps of faith, serpent and scorpions will begin to die before you reach there. Walk in the spirit means following God. Carnal people will think you are alone and the spiritual people will see you are with God. God is committed to provide everything you need.
The only project you must not lay your hands on are those projects which God is not involved. The battle you are not to fight is where God is not the commander. Do not undertake a journey where God is not the captain. You cannot afford to live a photocopy life. ‘Ah I saw sister Mary doing it; I will also do it’. Who told you to do it?
- Work Hard. “Whatever your hand finds to do; do it very well” (Eccl 9:10).
In this Year, Every day:
- Seek the Lord in every situation. Hear what the Lord is saying. Seeking, desiring, willing for God’s will to be done. Jesus prayed in Gethsemane that let God’s will be done and His will was done. Jesus was able to fulfil His mission. We have moved into the realm where we commune with God individually, to know Him better. Those who are going to stay on this mountain are those who are willing to climb the mountain. Those who are ready to hear what the Lord is saying. Seek the Lord not men or His miracles. (Math 6:33). ‘Father, I have nothing, but you have all and in you I have everything, Hallelujah.
- Keep Yourself Pure: “Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honour,… (2 Tim. 2:21). Remember, the unrighteous cannot inherit the kingdom of God (1 Corinth 6: 9-10). It is very important to keep yourself pure. Determine every day to live a godly live and God will strengthen you. Jesus is coming soon, and it will be when we are not even expecting Him (Math 24:44). Therefore, let us work hard in keeping ourselves clean.
- Command the elements to fight for you every day (Job 38:12, Judges 5:19-22).
- Allow Holy Spirit to Lead You: Holy spirit is not an arrogant spirit. I heard many people saying, ‘I am anointed but I made people to look down on me. Whenever I am greeting someone, even if it’s a small child I do nod my head’. Why should I be arrogant, the call is for God. The anointing is from God. Everything I have is from God. The more you walk with Jesus; the more you will be humble because you know by your own strength you will not be where you are or do what you are doing. The only thing Holy Spirit will put in you is confidence. When you start walking with the Lord; the unbelievers will call you arrogant.
Many people have been used to fight against me for many years. When they saw all their attack towards me was not reaching its target. They created another mechanism by say that ‘I am too proud’. No, I am not by His special grace. I have my confidence in God. I know even if you throw me in the desert; I believe the Lord will make rivers of water to flow for me.
Sit and ask yourself this question. “What is the most important thing in my life? Is it to fight that woman or sell my products? CONCENTRATE ON THE IMPORTANT THINGS OF YOUR LIFE.
Meditate on the scriptures every day. Pray every day for Holy Spirit to lead and guide you. Be a prayerful person. Fight sin, fight evil company. Fight and resist even unto blood for God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek/serve Him. (Jer. 29:13; Heb. 11:6). May God bless us all more this year!
- O Lord, help me to be spiritual this year, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, help me to conquer my worldly desire, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, let your Word be my word, in the name of Jesus.
- Let every stumbling block on my ways become my stepping stones to greatness, in the name of Jesus.
- I take authority over the elements and I command them to cooperate with me and fight for me always, in the name of Jesus.
- The enemy will not use anyone to destroy my destiny, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, hold my appetite when I need to fast, in the name of Jesus.
Pray as the Spirit of the Lord gives you utterance!